Accessibility statement for HudLets
This accessibility statement applies to www.hudlets.su only.
This website is run by the University of Huddersfield Students’ Union. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some images do not have any or sufficient alternative text in place
- Some forms are missing proper labels which may make navigation hard for some users.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 01484 473435
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email: Lydia Blundell, Head of Engagement email@example.com
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images by May 2021. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (Name, Role, Value).
We plan to add labels for all forms by May 2021.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website.
By May 30th 2021
- all SU websites must be revised to be compliant in line with WCAG 2.01
- third party websites and their content must be compliant in line with WCAG 2.01
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 6th April 2021. It was last reviewed on 6th April 2021.
This website was last tested on 25th March 2021. The test was carried out by Huddersfield Students’ Union.